Thursday, June 11, 2009

Almost Ready to pick up Jindi

God has blessed us in so many, many ways! We are thrilled to have a 6 year old daughter, Bailey and enjoy the opportunity to be her parents! Our dream of adopting a sister for Bailey is so close to coming true. Our flight for Beijing, China leaves from Denver on June 24th at 8:27 AM. Our agency, Children's Hope International out of St Louis, MO, takes care of all the details of our trip in China. We sightsee in Beijing for a couple days, have an orientation meeting and then fly to Nanchang, Jiangxi on Sunday June 28th. We might get to meet Jindi on that afternoon or, possibly, Monday morning, June 29th. I can't wait to give her the biggest hug and I'm sure I'll want to cry out of happiness at meeting my precious new daughter. We are in Nanchang for about a week, signing papers and doing some sightseeing, too. Then we fly to Guangzhou in the SE part of China to obtain Jindi's visa and medical exam. The plan is to take a train to Hong Kong on the evening of July 8th so we can catch our flight to Denver around noon on July 9th. We will try to update this blog and keep you all informed of our progress. We have so many cherished family and friends - We appreciate you all!

The preparations have been many and we are still trying to get Bailey and Jindi's room ready for them to share. I'm hoping I can feel well physically before we travel. I'm going to the Dr. soon. There is much packing and weighing and purchasing a few more things to do in the next week and a half. We considered cancelling our camping trip to Lamar this weekend, but decided to shorten it instead. The drive will give us a chance to work on our Mandarin Chinese language CDs and the time with Roy and Pat and Roice and Jef and kids will be priceless. I have 3 days of work left. Tuesday, June 16, Sat and Sun, June 20, 21. I love my job but can't wait to have 12 weeks off to spend with Jindi and Bailey this summer!! We are trusting God will provide all our needs as He has throughout our lives!

1 comment:

  1. Jindi has grown since the first photos you sent me. She is very cute and has a wonderful little smile. I can see her and Bailey playing together.

    ReplyDelete